Recipe By : WW Quick & Easy Menus
6 Points per serving
6 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
1 pound ground round
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic -- minced
2 8-oz cans tomato sauce -- no salt-added
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 12-oz carton 1% low-fat cottage cheese
1 8-oz carton fat-free sour cream
1/3 cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese -- divided (3 oz)
1. Cook noodles according to package directions omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
2. Cook ground round and next 3 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain in a colander. Wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel. Return meat mixture to skillet. Add tomato sauce, pepper, and salt.
3. Combine cottage cheese and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in meat mixture, noodles, and 1/3 cup cheddar cheese.
4. Spoon noodle mixture into a 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill casserole 8 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350 F.
6. Remove casserole from refrigerator; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake, covered, at 350 F for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings.
Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat, 1 1/2 Starch. Per serving: Cal 288(24% from fat); Pro 27.2g; Fat 7.8g(sat 3.2f); Carb 25.8g; Fib 2g; Chol 65mg; Iron 3mg; Sod 400mg; Calc 174mg. MC Formatted by Sue