Chock Full Chicken
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 garlic clove, minced
6 cups Chicken Stock, divided
2 cups diced peeled baking potato
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup (1/4-inch-thick) sliced carrot
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 cups chopped spinach
1 teaspoon salt
3 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles (about 1 1/2 cups)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and saute 3 minutes. Add oregano and garlic, and
- Add 5 3/4 cups Chicken Stock and potato. Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potato
- Mash potato in stock mixture.
- Add celery and carrot; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and
simmer for 5
- Add the chicken, spinach, and salt; bring to a boil, reduce
simmer 3 minutes.
- Add noodles; bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes.
- Combine 1/4 cup stock and flour in a small bowl; stir well
with a whisk.
- Stir flour mixture into soup; simmer 3 minutes. Stir in
NOTE: Only one pot is needed to make this hearty soup.
- Source: Cooking Light magazine
- Yield: 5 servings